Wednesday, July 16, 2008

Sharing the Bounty

If you don't have a neighbor like mine, I'm sorry. Faye is the sweetest lady. By sweet, I mean she always brings me more than she borrows :) She and her husband, Braxton, are retired, and they keep a pretty impressive garden.

She has brought over tomatoes twice, God bless her. Now, she is in zucchini heaven and has brought over enough to fill my car! Those of you who have grown zucchini know what I'm talkin' about.

For those of you who have never been so close to the earth, you are missing out. For those of you who are missplaced, can you smell the zucchini bread baking in my oven? Will be making zucchini and chocolate chip cookies next. Hey, they're good!

We get pretty creative with recipes from our abundance but, for those of you who don't know, shredded zucchini keeps well in the freezer!

Eat up!

No comments: