Tuesday, July 15, 2008

Sweet Tea with Splenda

Oh my gosh, I can't believe I am writing this, but I actually drank sweet tea with Splenda and lived to tell about it! I was visiting my lovely friend, and her husband offered me a glass. I asked if it was sweet out of habit, not dreaming it might actually be unsweet tea (I mean, what's the point of that?!).

"Oh no, we put sweetner in it."

Now, I know because of health reasons a lot of people practice this, but it's still a new concept to me as i would just opt for water when I was stuck with making a choice between diet drinks alone.

Ya'll, it wasn't half bad. In fact, I don't know if I would have known it wasn't sugar had they not told me about it.

Think I'll go half sugar and half Splenda for awhile and see if I can thrive before chucking the cannister of sugar altogther.

Come on over for a glass or two! I'll get mint from the garden...

No comments: